New dating website commercial
In the early 19th century, the area was known as Whitson's Corners.
Walter William Law moved to the area and purchased lands during the 1890s.
Law developed the village, establishing schools, churches, parks, and the Briarcliff Lodge.
Briarcliff Manor was incorporated as a village in 1902, and celebrated its centennial on November 21, 2002.
In the New York State Legislature it is split between the New York State Assembly's 95th and 92nd districts, and the New York Senate's 38th and 40th districts.
In Congress the village is in New York's 17th District.
Soon afterward, attributed to the neighborhood's pride over their name, and "cliff".
Briarcliff Manor has an elected local government, with departments including police, fire, recreation, and public works.
It has a low crime rate: a 2012 study found it had the second-lowest in the state.
A proposition was presented to the supervisors of Mount Pleasant and Ossining on October 8, 1902 that the area of 640 acres with a population of 331 be incorporated as the Village of Briarcliff Manor, The Tudor Revival-style Briarcliff Lodge was opened in 1902 as a premier resort hotel.
It was surrounded by Walter Law's dairy barns and greenhouses, and hosted numerous distinguished guests, including Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt.